November 28, 2014

Desperate Hope

Daniel 9:19
O Lord, hear; O Lord, forgive. O Lord, pay attention and act. Delay not, for your own sake, O my God, because your city and your people are called by your name.”

We are not strong and secure beings.
We're born imperfect, fragile, breakable.
Or rather, we're born malleable.
But to be fragile or changeable, that is generally considered a weakness, a lack of conviction or strength.

What if we lived with a realization that we don't have the answers, the strength, or the foresight and that's okay.

"For Your own sake..."
I don't think it's about us being smart.
I don't think we were sent to earth to hoard knowledge in hope of becoming wise. Nor were we sent to feel everything and understand everyone.
We have a place, and that is a position of reliance, of desperation.

Daniel was wise, strong, handsome, intelligent, and as close to an ideal example as you might find in the Bible. The Word never talks about his weaknesses, throughout every trial he performs near perfectly.

But Daniel was desperately reliant on God. He never trusted in his own ability, only ever the greatness of His God.

We were not made to achieve strength, we were made to accept it.

I want to choose surrender every time, because I've found that's the only thing that works. Not my intellect, but my messy submittion.

No comments:

Post a Comment